One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to post more often and regularly on this blog. I have enjoyed running this blog in 2017 and I want to make it a focus this year. There will be a few ways that I will be achieving this.
The first step is to put a solid schedule into place. Starting from next Monday (8th January) I will be posting a weekly recap of every new movie that I watched, along with a review for each movie and a score. To balance this out, on Thursdays (starting on the 4th of January) I will be posting a non-review blog post. This could be an analysis, discussion or anything of the above. This week’s post will be my top ten movies of 2017 so stay tuned for that!
As well as this, I have created a sort of 2018 bucket list in terms of film and what I want to have achieved by the end of the year. I hope to have achieved all of the list, or at least most of it.
1. Watch all 56 animated Disney classics.
2. Watch movies from 10 different countries.
3. Go to the cinema to watch 40 unique films.
4. Watch the equivalent of 1 new film a day (365 films in total)
5. Watch at least 50 of the IMDb Top 100 Greatest Movies of All Time
6. Attend 3 midnight premiere screening
7. Attend a VIP, IMAX, 4DX and SuperScreen showing in cinemas
8. Watch every Studio Ghibli film
Whilst some of these items will be easier to tick off than others, I am hoping that I can achieve everything in this list. I have already started item number 4 (as I watched The Force Awakens on New Years Day) and I have plans on being able to achieve every item possible. If you have any recommendations on where to start for films, specifically for number 2 and 5, let me know in the comments.