At the start of the summer this year, I challenged myself to complete these 52 goals by watching films that fit in them. Whilst I kind of abandoned my list (which you can check out here), I have looked back and seen how many of the challenges I actually managed to complete. I tried my best not to repeat films, but I simply had to for a few of the questions. Here is a reminder of the questions below, and then continue reading to see what films I watched that corresponds with each one.
1. A movie filmed in your home town or country: Wild Rose
2. An inspirational movie: Toy Story
3. A movie in a different language: Cronofobia
4. A comedy: Always Be My Maybe
5. A horror movie: Us
6. A movie that made you cry: Blinded by the Light
7. A remake: The Lion King (2019)
8. A movie recommended by a friend: The Autopsy of Jane Doe
9. An animated movie: Toy Story 4
10. A movie in black and white: Psycho
11. A movie with a one-word title: Yesterday
12. A superhero movie: Avengers: Infinity War
13. A movie “everyone” but you has seen: Toy Story 2
14. A really bad or guilty-pleasure movie: Mamma Mia!
15. A movie made in the 60s: Psycho (cheating by placing it for a second time here, but it is the only 60s film I saw in summer)
16. A documentary: The Great Hack
17. A movie with pink poster art: Woodstock or Bust
18. A three-hour movie: Avengers: Endgame
19. A movie you’ve already seen: Now You See Me
20. A movie adapted from a book: Dark Phoenix
21. A favourite from your childhood: The Matrix
22. A romance movie: Long Shot
23. A movie with a female director: Lady Bird
24. A movie based on true event: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
25. A holiday movie: Midsommar
26. A teen movie: Eighth Grade
27. A movie with your favourite actor: Silver Linings Playbook (Bradley Cooper)
28. A movie shorter than 90 minutes: Anima
29. An inspirational movie: Tolkien
30. A movie mentioned in another movie on this list: Did not complete this goal as far as I can tell.
31. A trilogy – part 1: John Wick
32. A trilogy – part 2: John Wick 2
33. A trilogy – part 3: John Wick 3
34. A biopic: Rocketman
35. A movie certified fresh on rotten tomatoes: Captain America: Civil War
36. Your favourite movie: Silver Linings Playbook (cheating on this one by placing it twice, but it fits both criteria perfectly)
37. A comedy: Booksmart
38. A short film: TLI Presents: The Unauthorised Bash Brothers Experience
39. A movie you own: The Social Network
40. A movie set in a different time period: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
41. A Netflix original movie: Unicorn Store
42. A friend or significant other’s favourite movie: Did not complete this goal.
43. A movie by your favourite director: Psycho (cheating on this one by placing it for a third time, but it is the only Hitchcock film I saw this summer)
44. A movie that has won an Oscar: Toy Story 3
45. A dystopian movie: The Matrix
46. A movie released this year: Aladdin
47. A thriller movie: Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
48. A movie that relates to your life: Heathers
49. A movie released the year you were born: Did not complete this goal.
50. A sports movie: The Art of Racing in the Rain
51. A musical: Singin’ in the Rain
52. A holiday movie: Shazam!
For the fact that I was not trying to complete this list by the middle of summer, I say that I did pretty well. How many would you have ticked off this summer, and do you like me taking on some film challenges? Let me know your thoughts in the comments down below.