With a new year comes new goals, and I want to start 2021 off right by planning what goals I have in mind that I want to achieve. Here is what I want to achieve in 2021.
- Watch 365 films, equivalent to one film a day minimum.
- Watch 100 short films from a variety of genres: live-action fiction, animation, documentary.
- Watch 50 films in the cinema (depending on the pandemic and when cinemas can safely re-open).
- Watch films from 20 different countries.
- Complete the 52 Films by Women challenge.
- Review 10 TV seasons.
- Watch 40 TV seasons in their entirety.
- Explore a range of genre in TV: comedy, drama, fantasy, documentary.
- Complete the following TV shows: Modern Family, Bates Motel, Black Mirror, Schitt’s Creek.
- Start preparing to cover TV award season in 2022.
Film For Thought
- Write ten blog posts minimum a month.
- Review 50 films in 2021.
- Start a new series based on comparing the book and movie (name pending).
- Push content heavily during awards season and cover every major show.
- Cover at least three festivals.
- Continue to release and perfect the Film For Thought Podcast.
- Do one paid piece of writing every month.
- Expand my portfolio by pitching and taking commission and unpaid work.
- Write in styles that I am unfamiliar in, such as news and classic retrospectives.
- Write at least one article a month for InSession Film.
- Write my second script.
- Submit my first script, High-Risk, to festivals and competitions.